WHAT KIND OF CHURCH IS GLBC?
We are a Baptist church which means that we believe the basic Bible doctrines for which Baptists have historically stood. We make no apologies for being Baptist and don’t try to hide that fact by taking the word out of our name. We are Baptists by conviction and principle, not by affiliation.
As Baptists we believe:
- The Bible is our sole authority for all matters of faith and practice.
- The church should be autonomous or self governing.
- The believer does not need a priest other than Jesus Christ to come boldly to God.
- Every Christian has equal access to God personally.
- God’s Word gives us two ordinances for the church—baptism and the Lord’s table.
- Each person is individually responsible for his decision to accept Christ.
- The believer is eternally secure and cannot lose salvation.
We are an independent church which means we are not affiliated with any particular board or ruling body. Because of this we can support our own missionaries, select our own leaders, and support institutions that believe as we believe. In short, our church answers to the headship of Jesus Christ rather than a denominational body. There are currently more than 15,000 independent Baptist churches in America and thousands more throughout the world.
We are a non-charismatic church which means we do not practice speaking in tongues, faith healing, sensationalism, or believe in extra-biblical revelation. While there are many people who prefer to worship this way, we choose to worship in ways that we feel to be consistent with God’s Word and His plan for this church.